Monday, May 25, 2009

Moab

I traveled to Moab, UT for Memorial Day with my friends Steve & Chase. None of us had ever been there & I must say that it is absolutely beautiful. The red rock in this area plus all of the National Parks make this a stunning party of our country. We were able to see Arches,Canyonlands & Dead Horse Point Parks.
Isn't this a great photo? Look at how massive this arch is in comparison to the person standing in it. In order to be considered an arch, an opening must measure 3 feet in any direction. I'm guessing the height on this opening was about 60 feet.
Chase & I hiking in Arches National Park. We hiked about 6 to 7 miles and lucked out that the rain stayed away. Our weather wasn't the greatest while we were there, but it held off enough for us to get outdoors.
This is Landscape Arch in the background. It is the longest of all the arches in the park and measures 290 feet.
Look closely and you can see Chase standing at the base of Partition Arch. This arch is massive & I'm guessing measures about 50 to 60 feet in height.
Steve and Chase standing in Navajo Arch. This arch got its name since it was discovered by a Navajo Indian many years ago.
Pit stop & I need a cocktail. I wonder if I should have put vodka in my Camelpak instead of water. Delish!!!!
The lighting just wasn't great for Chase's glamor shot. SMILE!!!!!
I know you really can't tell from this photo, but the drop off from this rock I'm standing on was probably 100 feet. Yikes!!!!


I couldn't help myself and had to make a video of Chase climbing out on the rock. Hilarious!!!!
It is the mayor of Pruderia signing new legislation into effect in Moab. We loved this restaurant called Buck's while in Moab.So I ate somewhere for only the 2nd time on this trip and I swore 15 years ago that I would never eat there again. DENNY'S!!!!! Good thing they have Coca-Cola. Luckily it wasn't as bad as I remembered. Our waiter with his missing lower teef's (teeth) was real nice. :)
Chase trying to make me understand what it must be like to go out with someone who is 7 feet tall. Really???????
The three of us standing on Dead Horse Point which stands 6000 feet above sea level. The point is unique in that it provided a natural corral for the band of mustangs that roamed the mesas. The cowboys would trap the mustangs on the point which only had a 30 ft opening to escape.

No comments: