Monday, May 11, 2009

Colorado Springs with family

I took mom, dad & Carla down to Colorado Springs to spend the day. We visited Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods & the Cliff Dwellings. It was a beautiful day & they just loved seeing all of this stuff.
Here's mom & Carla close to the summit of Pikes Peak. They did not have the road open all the way to the top. We lacked about 1 mile being at the summit. Believe me though, it was cold & windy.
Here is a cute little fox on the side of the road as we were coming down the mountain.
The 3 Amigo's in downtown C Springs. I took them to eat at one of Cammie & Jeff's favorite places called Sontera Grill. It has hands down probably the best guacamole I've ever had. Love it!
Carla got stuck in one of the cliff dwelling windows. Just kidding :)
Brother and sister pose for a photo op.
Outside the cliff dwellings. They all liked these because you can actually go in the dwellings where as you are only permitted to go in a few places in Mesa Verde.
The girl has been working out. Here Carla is moving the balance rock in Garden of the Gods.Anything you can do I can do better, I can do anything better than you :)
Here Carla and I are acting silly showing off all of our muscles. We had a great day in Colorado Springs and my family's visit was fantastic.

No comments: