Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Seville, Spain

Here is the Hotel Alfonso that we stayed in while in Seville. Talk about beautiful. It was built for the worlds fair in 1929 & is absolutely stunning. It is part of the Westins Luxury hotel brand and it definitely was.
Here is a view of the courtyard. You can see Mitchell & I on the balcony to the left & Jeanne on the balcony from the right.
Here I am enjoying a bottle of champagne that was complimentary of the hotel. We definitely lived it up while on this trip.
Horse and buggy in Seville. So you all know what a horse nut I am. Well let me tell you this, I have never seen such beautiful horses as I did in Spain. You would not believe the amount of horses and buggy's in this city. Seville is one of those city's that I could see myself easily living in.
Here is a shot from the horse and buggy through one of the many parks in Seville.



Here is a video of the horse and buggy we were riding in. Talk about fun. You get an idea of how tiny the streets are in Spain.
All of us in the buggy outside of the Spanish Square.A better view with the horse and buggy included in the picture.This was really cool We went to a show to watch Flamenco dancing which is very popular in the Adalusia part of Spain.



Here is a video of the Flamenco dancing towards the end of the show. Very cool watching this.
Italica Archaeological Complex. This was very cool as I've never seen an actual Roman Ampitheatre. They let you walk around this and even on the floor. You can imagine just what it must've been like back in the year 53 when this city was built.So as I'm walking around underneath in all of the chambers I couldn't help but think of Russell Crowe as Maximus in Gladiator. It was very neat seeing all of the holding cells, gladiator room & so forth.

No comments: