Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Rock of Gibraltar

The Rock of Gibraltar - the most famous rock in the world.

Gibraltar is situated at the southern end of Europe with a land frontier to Spain on its northern front.
It rests at the crossroads of the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea.

The stretch of water that separates Gibraltar from north Africa is called the Strait of Gibraltar and throughout history has played a strategic part in battles fought and won to control the western Mediterranean seaways.
Clark & Jeanne with the rock in the background.
Notice how absolutely blue the water is. It was incredible around this. It is so neat to look across and see Africa in the distance. An 8 mile boat ride will have you in Tangier in a matter of 30 minutes.
So here is the little bastard that stole my almonds. We pulled up to him and he was sitting there so quietly. I rolled the window down & threw him out an almond. I turned to get another almond from my lap & heard a thump. The monkey had jumped onto the window & came halfway into the car & stole the almonds right out of my lap before I knew what had happened. Jeanne and I were like what the hell??? It was over before we even knew it. So I got mad and opened the door & came towards the monkey to get my almonds back and he went "Woo" with his mouth. Can you say, exit stage left??? I got my ass back in the car & it was a good thing I did. We went a little further down the road & came to another group of monkeys with people around. This one group was wanting to get back in their car, but there was a monkey on it. The guy tried pushing the monkey off & when he did another one grabbed his arm & bit him. We had to stay in the car & lure the monkeys away where they could get back in their vehicle.



Here is a video right after the monkey had stolen my almonds. As I mentioned in the previous post, we had to lure these monkeys away from the other peoples car. Well the car we rented was one of those that has a full glass top sunroof. So we could see the monkeys crawling all over the top of the car. Then something hilarious started happening. We had a Wild Kingdom segment on the top of our car as they started having sex. We all started dying laughing & everyone who was around did too. It was HILARIOUS.
Looking out over the Strait of Gibraltar. This island is controlled by the British.

No comments: