Thursday, May 31, 2007

Here is a better picture of Nick on our last night in camp. We were in Ventura this night. It is his left shoulder that got injured.
This was a pretty emotional thing for me to see. The last night in camp we are beside the beach & have a candle light vigil to honor all of those who have lost their battle with this terrible disease. It is pretty amazing to see over 2000 candles lit on the beach. I thought about my cousin Jay and wished he had been there to share this moment. He lost his battle 10 years ago due to Aids. We had over 2,333 riders & 450 roadies on this trip. Between all of us we raised over 11 million dollars which was a new record for Aids Lifecycle. Way to go people.

Here we have the palace. Good grief, the worst part of this trip is sleeping in a tent. The other is having to pack your bag every morning and put a sleeping bag & air mattress in it. Most mornings we'd wake up and it would be really cold & dew would be all over the tent. Give me the Ritz or Westin any day.
Will & Grace anyone? Here Michael & I are on our last night in camp. Thank goodness I took my Ipod. We would fall asleep every night watching Will & Grace. He was usually out after 1.5 episodes. I'd have to take the ear piece out of his ear since he'd already be SNORING & fast asleep. In the tent village you could here everyone around you. People snoring like crazy & talking late at night. So here the 2 of us are being quiet and then busting out laughing as we are watching the show. Good times for sure. Everyone next to us was wondering what the heck was going on. By the way, "I know you stole my poncho you skank". Inside joke! He was a great roommate and made the trip a lot of fun. I especially loved his morning rituals. That's some crazy shit!

No comments: