Thursday, May 31, 2007

Aids Lifecycle 6

Hello all,
For the past 4 months I have been training for the Aids Life Cycle ride which occurred June 3-9, 2007. This ride was 545 miles long & went from San Francisco to Los Angeles. I have to tell you it was an amazing experience. I had such a great time on this event & felt so good about myself that I've already signed up for next year. All the donations, all the emails & all the messages of support were greatly appreciated. I just want to let everyone know who contributed how much I truly appreciate them. Without your donations I would not have been able to participate in such a worthy cause. If you would like more information about this ride, please click on the link on the right hand corner of this blog. You will be redirected to the Aids Life Cycle page & there is also a link to my rider page (#5958). I encourage anyone who has ever thought about doing something like this to participate in the future. You will be helping countless individuals & have a life changing experience. If you have any questions & would like to email me directly, you can at derekhinkle@earthlink.net . As always, Pedal Hard, Derek
Destination San Francisco. My training partner Michael & I were both psyched to get this adventure underway since we had been training for 4 months.
Fight on, fight on! Troy that is. Here is Michael in his USC sweatshirt once we arrived in San Francisco
Orientation Day. Woohoo!!!! It only took 3.5 hours. Nothing like standing in line when you are hung over. Thank goodness there was a hot dog stand to alleviate our hunger.
Send off dinner. So for my relatives who read this blog, you know how much my cousin Dana means to me. We were always together as kids. We were always too young to play with any of the other cousins, so she and I were always at each others side. We've grown older, but it is nice to know that the special bond that we've always had is still in tact. Jamie & Dana treated Michael and I to a great evening at a place called Farrillon in San Francisco. The food was superb & I just want you to know just how much we enjoyed ourselves. I can't wait to see you both in a few weeks in Florida. It should be a blast.
Hello Riders!!!!! Ready, set, GO!!!!!!!

No comments: