Monday, May 12, 2008

San Diego

I traveled to San Diego for a nice relaxing 4 day weekend. I stayed just outside of San Diego on Coronado Island and it was very nice. I took my friend Colin with me and we had a great time just relaxing and taking it easy. The condo that we stayed in was especially nice & it was located directly on one of the canals leading to the inner coastal.Here I am with one of the polar bears in the zoo. These animals are massive.
Here is the zoo's cute little Panda cub. This is Zhen Zhen up in the tree's. She was born in August of 2007.



Baby Zhen Zhen playing in the tree's.Colin on the beach outside of Encinitas. Notice the color of the sand. Kinda of a brownish color with specs of black. The beach looks great from this shot, but there was a lot of trash and debris as you get further back from the water.
Colin got in the water up to his knee's, but I did not. The water was freezing. The temperature the whole time we were in San Diego was low 60's. I was hoping for much warmer weather.
Enjoying a great lunch outside of Encinitas. The setting was great as it was an old depot that has been turned into a restaurant. We did the old scenic route of Hwy 101 from Solana Beach north. It was absolutely beautiful.Great shot of Petco Park where the Padres play. Our Colorado Rockies were in town this past weekend as well. We spent the afternoon at a bar called Altitude on the rooftop overlooking the ballpark & got to watch most of the game. The stadium is nice, but does not have the architecture of Coors or Turner Field.

No comments: