Sunday, May 25, 2008

Bear Creek Trail

So I should start this entry off with letting you know that it hasn't been the greatest week. My best friend is moving to Australia on June 3rd and I will not be here to see him off since I'm leaving on May 30th for the Aids Lifecycle ride. Also, I found out that my ex Bevan will possibly be moving to Atlanta very soon. This basically hit me like a ton of bricks on Friday and it was not a pretty site. The thought of losing 2 of the most important men in my life has really upset me. Bevan has always been my rock & Michael has always been there with his amazing insight and friendship. I will miss them both more than they will ever truly know. Bevan and I decided to spend the day together and hike a trail in Boulder. It was a great day.
Great shot of the Flat Irons in Boulder as we started the trail.
It was a beautiful day. The sun was out and the air was nice and clean. Talk about a gorgeous view.
I'm king of the mountain. I was talking to Bevan today about how it would be hard to leave all of this behind and he agreed. He loves the outdoors as much as I do and not having this in your backyard would be tough to give up.
This is my favorite shot of the day as Bevan makes his way down the trail through the aspen groves. It was a great day to reconnect with my best friend. We almost made it to 9 years and I'm so happy for all the times we had together. Life has taken us down 2 different paths, but it is nice to know that the special bond that we've always had is still intact.

No comments: