Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Weekend

I spent Easter Weekend in Breckenridge & invited some of my favorite people to come along. Peter, Phil, Colin, Bobby & Michael were able to join me and we all had a blast. The weather was perfect.
Here is Peter on the top of Peak 10. He and I had a blast skiing on Saturday. The conditions on the mountain were perfect & you couldn't beat the company of a good friend. Breckenridge had experienced about 7 inches of fresh powder the last 2 days & we were stoked that the snow was so fluffy. It made for a great day on the slopes.
Here is the next Emeril, none other than Phil (left) and Bobby in the kitchen. I just have to say how spoiled we all got this weekend. Phil really out did himself and cooked a feast for us all. He prepared beef tenderloin, twice baked potato's, steamed asparagus, & cheesecake. I just want you to know how much we all appreciated it Phil. Dinner was great & you made this southern boy who was homesick for his moms home cooking forget about it for the evening.
The two gluttons in the house. Bobby & I couldn't just let this extra twice baked potato go to waste. It was awesome.
This is my favorite picture from the weekend. My buddy Bobby just couldn't wait to do our night hike up on Boreas Pass. :-) .As Matlock says, "HOLLER". Here is Michael doing his best Yul Brynner impersonation from the King and I. He had to borrow some of my long underwear and just about had them up to his chest. My bad influence. Oh Colin, what am I going to do to with you? Or should I say what are you going to do to me next? haha. Colin came up with the great idea to hike Boreas Pass at night. The moon was full and it was really cool being this high up on the mountain overlooking the town of Breckenridge. The stars were out and it was beautiful. Colin mentioned to me while we were hiking that we all tend to take all of this for granted sometimes. I told him that I didn't because some days I wake up and look outside and feel so blessed to live here. I am one lucky individual.Love that expression on Michael's face. I think he's thinking, what in the heck have I gotten myself into with hiking at night. Michael found out this week that his transfer to Australia came through. This means that he will probably be leaving Denver by May 1st. I'm happy for him because I know this is what he wants, but I am very sad as well. A best friend like him does not come along very often.
Phil, myself & Peter on the hike up Boreas Pass. Believe it or not it was actually quite warm while we were hiking. The temp was around 10 degrees, but there was no wind which made for nice conditions.Colin, Bobby & I right before some of the group headed back to the car. Colin, Peter & I toughed it out for about 15 more minutes before heading back as well. Peter & I got to thinking that some mountain lions might see some easy dinner.
The 3 Amigos. We took this picture before the 3 of us headed back to meet up with the rest of the guys. The hike that Colin took us on was the former railroad tracks over this pass that came into Breckenridge. I told them that we would have to do this hike in the summer. Breckenridge is one beautiful town.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: